We've introduced pathways to create specific learning sequences for specific user groups. It's now easier than ever to create pathways using multiple workspaces and report on completion of a set of resources.
Here's how it works:
- Select pathways from your main dashboard
2. Select manage pathways and then create a pathway. Give your pathway a title and then you're ready to start adding resources.
3. All of your published resources will be available to add to your pathway. Select the resources you require and click add.
4. You can then re-order resources into a specific order / sequence using the arrow icon on the right hand side.
5. Once you're happy with the order and resources, you have the option to enforce the pathway order if you want users to complete the resources in the order you defined. To do this, head to settings and select enforce pathway order.
You also have the option to lock the next topic for a user until the resource before is passed. This means if you have turned on 'allow retries' within your resource setting, (see http://support.looop.co/en/articles/1191995-adding-a-quiz-to-your-resource for help with how to do this) your users are then able to retry any quizzes and tests they may have failed first time and only after they pass it will they be able to move on to the next resource. If you do not turn this feature on the user will not be able to proceed at all if they fail the quiz and you haven't enabled retries.
6. Once you're happy with the settings of your Pathway, you can move on to sharing and adding users.
Select Access to choose your user groups. There's no limit to the amount of users or groups you can add.
You also have the option to change the pathway to open if you'd like it to be visible for everyone on the platform.
7. Select publish to make your pathway live. You can also use the share option to set target completion dates and to send email notifications.
8. Your users will be able to access the pathway once you've published it and will only be able to unlock the next resource in the sequence after completing the first.
If you are tracking completion of content, please ensure your resources are accessed through the pathway and not through a workspace, by only giving users one way of accessing the content. You can do this by making the workspaces that contain the pathway resources private so that users only complete the resources through the pathway, in the sequential order that you have set. Even if a workspace is private, as long as the user has access to a pathway, they will still be able to see the resources. This prevents duplicate analytics being shown, and users completing resources outside of the pathway.
8. Use the pathways tab in analytics to track progress and report on completions of a set of resources.
Please note only pathways that have been shared with a user with show on their main dashboard and under 'your pathways'. Any pathways that haven't been shared but are accessible to the user will appear under 'explore more pathways'.
To share a pathway, go to pathways, click manage pathways, select the pathway and click share. You can the choose the users or groups, send a message and assign target completion dates.