To get started with surveys / user insights, follow the steps below.
Select surveys from your main dashboard toolbar
2. Select new survey and give your survey a title
3. You'll then enter the main survey / user insights area, where you can create your questions, select a target audience and view responses once the survey is live.
4. There are a range of different types of questions you can add, and each question can be a different type.
5. You can change the automatic responses to text of your choice. For example, on question one 'true' and 'false' could be changed to 'agree' or 'disagree':
6. When you've completed your questions and have tested the survey in the preview mode, you need to go to the 'Access' tab in order to lock it and share it. Click the 'Share' button and you will be asked to lock the survey:
7. There are multiple ways of sharing your survey.
Send via direct email:
Once you press 'Lock Survey' the below box appears:
Here you can pick single users, or a group of users to send the Survey. If you want to add a message you can as well. Please note this email is block text so keep instructions simple and clear.
Press 'Share' and an email will instantly be sent to the users so they can access and complete the survey.
Send via campaign:
To send it via campaign, you need to follow the above steps, however when you get the below screen, you need to press cancel as you are not wanting to email instantly:
The survey will now be locked and open and you will be able to add the survey as a campaign action.
Head over to the campaign you have created and press the 'Add an Action' button and choose the below option:
You can then choose from any surveys that are open:
By sharing through a campaign action, you can schedule when you want the Survey to be shared to your users. E.g. end of week 1 of induction.
Send via link:
The final way you can share a Survey is by a direct link. Follow the first steps above to lock the survey. In order to ensure that individuals and/or groups can access the User Insight you must first share it with them.
To do this, add the individuals and group(s) but DON'T select 'send share emails', instead just click the 'share' button - this gives the groups access to the survey without sending any notification.
Once you have shared it with the users you will then see an option to copy the link:
This link can then be sent as part of a campaign email, as a banner call to action, a link in a MS Teams or Slack Message etc. Remember you must give the users access to the survey otherwise it will tell them they don't have permissions to complete the survey.
8. Once you've added your target audience you'll be able to track the number of times your survey was sent, and how many times it's been opened or completed.